Thanks to the provincial government’s decision to ease visiting restrictions to long term care centres, we are looking forward to many happy reunions!
Pending the finalization of the health and safety plan, on Monday, July 13, Bria Care Centres will begin making appointments for visits.
As our practices change, we will continue to ensure residents and families understand the risks of these visits, and their collective accountability and commitment to follow guidelines to minimize those risks for all.
Guidelines for indoor visits:
As per the BC Ministry of Health guidelines, we will be practicing the following:
- A single designated family member will be welcome to visit on a repeat basis.
- Visits will be between 30-45 minutes long
- The visitor must practice proper hand hygiene on arrival
- The visitor must wear a mask for the duration of the visit. Masks will not be provided.
- The visitor will be greeted by a single staff member who will guide them through a visitor health assessment.
- The visitor will be escorted to the assigned visiting space by the designated staff member.
- Physical distancing of two meters or greater will be strictly maintained
- The designated staff member will offer support to resident and family member throughout the visit
- After escorting the visitor from the residence, the designated staff member will sanitize the visiting area.
- The Care Centre will be open for scheduled visits Wednesday – Sunday between 11 am – 7 pm.
- Schedule your visit using the links below no sooner than Thursday, July 09:
Visits with residents who are fully dependent and unable to move to designated visiting locations can be arranged through the Director Of Care at the links above.
Guidelines for Window Visits