Resident & Visitor Safety
INDEPENDENT LIVING COMMUNITIES
Residents in Bria Communities have received both vaccinations and the majority have received boosters. There are a few precautions we continue to take:
- All our staff are fully vaccinated.
- Residents are encouraged to wear masks when in common spaces, but it is not a requirement.
- Visitors and staff must wear masks while in common spaces or interacting with residents, regardless of how many vaccinations they have.
- Visitors must be prepared to show proof of vaccination at reception when they enter the building.
- Visitors are welcome to dine with residents in our private dining rooms, which must be booked in advance at reception.
- Residents are asked not to host visitors if they feel unwell in any way; visitors are asked to postpone visits if they feel unwell in any way.
- We continue with increased cleaning protocols for common spaces and resident suites.
SAFELY TOURING BRIA COMMUNITIES
We are deeply committed to ensuring the health and safety of touring prospective residents, current residents and our staff team.
Here is what you can expect when you visit a Bria retirement community for a tour.
MASKS – Visitors must wear masks while in the common spaces of the building. Masks are available for those who arrive without one.
HAND HYGIENE -Please use the hand sanitizing stations as you enter and exit the residence.
COMPLIMENTARY LUNCH – We’d love to treat you to a taste of Bria Communities by enjoying a complimentary lunch. These meals take place in our private dining room.
WELLNESS – If you are feeling unwell, we respectfully ask you to stay home until you have recovered.
RESIDENCY COORDINATOR SAFETY – Our residency coordinators are double vaccinated and are careful to ensure their personal health and safety.
NEW RESIDENT MOVE-IN SAFETY
We are committed to ensuring the ongoing health and safety of new residents and current ones. Here is what you can expect as you move in to on of our Independent Living communities:
MASKS – On the day of the move, everyone involved must wear a mask while in the common spaces of the building.
HAND HYGIENE – On the day of the move, please use the hand sanitizing stations as you enter and exit the residence.
SCREENIN – Everyone involved in the move must sign in and out of reception.
ELEVATORS – An elevator will be blocked off for your use during your move. The Residency Coordinator will work with you to schedule movers to come between 7 am – 10 am or after 6 pm, to ensure minimal interaction with residents and staff.
SOCIAL DISTANCE – During your move-in please maintain appropriate social distance between yourself, staff and other residents.
AVOIDING SOCIAL SPACES – We ask everyone supporting a new resident as they move in to avoid lingering in common spaces where residents gather.