Pie is the undisputed champion of desserts! So when it comes time to celebrate National Seniors Day, there’s no better treat to serve. For the fourth year in a row, Bria Communities is giving way free pies to celebrate the seniors in their neighbourhoods.
NATIONAL SENIORS DAY & ACTIVE AGING WEEK
National Senior Day (October 1) kicks off Active Aging Week. Together, these events promote the significance of aging with dignity, vitality, and a sense of belonging within the community. National Seniors Day honours seniors’ valuable contributions to society and recognizes their wisdom and experiences. Active Aging Week is the first week of October and is when communities encourage seniors to lead a healthy lifestyle and participate in activities that contribute to overall wellness. Both events underscore the significance of aging with dignity, vitality, and a sense of belonging within the community.
Each chef showcases a pie they are proud to bake in-house and give away to seniors in the community. And while local seniors drive-thru to pick up their pastries, residents in Bria Communities enjoy their chef’s special pie as part of their National Seniors Day celebrations.
- At Magnolia Gardens, Chef Jackson McClelland is serving an Apple Date pie.
- Chef David at Sunridge Gardens worked with Sous Chef Danielle to create a Pantry Pie featuring white and milk chocolate, raisins, dried cranberries and apricots.
- At The Wexford in Tsawwassen, Chef Sean serves a classic cherry pie with homemade filling.
- Chef Matt at The Waterford is making a Honey-Spiced Pear Pie featuring honey from their very own Bria bees.
4 DRIVE-THRU PIE PICK-UP EVENTS
You may be tempted to pick up more than one pie. Please visit just one location to ensure there’s enough pie for everyone.
THE WATERFORD | 1345 56 Street, Tsawwassen
- Tuesday, October 3, from 10-11 am The first 75 seniors to drive-thru will receive an 8″ Honey-Spiced Pear Pie. Note: Please drive-thru from the north Windsor Woods entrance off 56 St.
THE WEXFORD | 1737 56 Street, Tsawwassen
- Tuesday, October 3, from 2-3 pm The first 75 seniors to drive-thru will receive an 8″ Classic Cherry Pie. Note: Please drive-thru from the driveway entrance off 18 Ave.
SUNRIDGE GARDENS | 22301 Fraser Highway, Murrayville
- Wednesday, October 4, from 10-11 am The first 50 seniors to drive-thru will receive an 8″ Pantry Pie featuring white and milk chocolate, nuts, dried cranberries and apricots as well as raisins. Note: Please drive through from the driveway entrance off Fraser Highway.
MAGNOLIA GARDENS | 5840 Glover Road, Langley City
- Wednesday, October 4, from 2-3 pm The first 75 seniors to drive thru will receive an 8″ autumn-inspired Apple Date Pie